Stormwind Defense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest!

+6
VelsettaWilson
Alyvia Scarlett
Stispirn
Oriem
Monide
Dryll Drakoonus
10 posters

Go down

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Empty [CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest!

Post  Dryll Drakoonus Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 am

OFFICIAL RULES:

Step One: Browse about and find someone IRL whom you feel looks just like your character. This can include actors, politicians, and in Oriem's case, even your dog! Literally anyone IRL can be used. Hell, even yourself! ^^

Step Two: Get yerself a theme song pardner'. Find a song on youtube that best fits your character. It can be silly, serious, random. Whatever! Let your creativity go wild!

Step Three: Write a brief paragraph explaining your choices, and why they fit.

Grading and Selecting A Winner: The Winner will be selected in terms of: Creativity, Relation to your actual character, and your presentation of everything. The winner will recieve 25 SR Points! SR Points can be used later for amazing things. TBA. Trust me, you want as many as you can get. Very Happy

So go nuts folks! I'll post an example for everyone to follow if you are having trouble deciding how to go about this.
GL!!!!!!!!!!!

(Please post entries in -this- thread. Unlike what Alyvia did. She's a poop head. Sad )
(If you have any questions on how to post vids and pics, please get in touch with meh.)

(As always, enjoy the casual, elevator music.)

WINNER!

Stispirn wrote:
[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! 12894011
And Dobby looks like Stispirn so HA!

Originally I was looking for a picture of Dobby form Harry Potter to use for Stispirn but then I rememberd that the picture had to be of a real person so I looked for a look alike and found this guy. He has a relatively simmilar facial structure minus the ears of course.

The song I selected for Stispirn comes from a long and complicated forum based role play where I was playing an elven character. In this role play he was involved in a major military action, was shot during combat, then ran from the battle after accidentally (or on purpose depending on how you look at it) slaughtering several allies. I decided to apply this story to Stispirn's history withing the Warsong skirmishes. When he was fighting alongside (not with) the Sentinels he was mortally wounded by a horde firearm. Through this almost deadly event he was "reborn" in his beliefs {I was born, six gun in my hand}. He lost faith in Elune's protection over his people and he would speak his non-belief towards the druids that would heal him daily. After his recovery he was advised (forced) not to travel, he would eventually murder several of his brethren so that he would make passage to the eastern kingdom (he hides the murder in his eyes very well). Because of these actions he was proclaimed by his people to be a deserter and was to not be associated with (rebel souls, deserters we are called). He is no longer accepted among most of the Kaldorei society but not many other than thoes who where there know why he is not accepted however he can never be redeemed for the actions for which he took.
((Stispirn is VERY reserved about his past and would only share what he did with one who would be willing to forgive. He doesn't want to share his deeds with non-elves.))

((This is the most lore I have ever written for any character BTW. I feel proud of myself))

Stispirn is our Winner! Thanks to everyone who submitted, and better luck next time. They were all EXTREAMLY good. Smile "Runners Up: Alyvia Scarlett, Oriem Stoneheart"

1st place: 25 SR Points
2nd Place: 10 SR Points
3rd Place: 5 SR Points

Last edited by Dryll Drakoonus on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dryll Drakoonus
Dryll Drakoonus
Admin

https://stormwind-reserves.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Empty Re: [CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest!

Post  Monide Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:43 am

Monide Springswitch:

Pic (Nailed it!)
[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! B4UkA

Song: In progress

Last edited by Monide on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Monide
Monide

Back to top Go down

Post  Oriem Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:48 am

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Ti-1196940127_large

I picked.. this guy.. because he looks like Oriem would if he let his hair grow out. His facial hair is exactly as I'd picture Oriem's - It looks more like he just hasn't shaved rather than he grew it out to specifically have it look the way it does. I'd have Oriem's hair look exactly like this if there was an option for a human male to look like that, unfortunately, there isn't.

Kind of crazy, light, and not really serious. Also awesome.

Last edited by Oriem on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:21 am; edited 7 times in total

Oriem

Back to top Go down

Post  Stispirn Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 am

Originally I was looking for a picture of Dobby form Harry Potter to use for Stispirn but then I rememberd that the picture had to be of a real person so I looked for a look alike and found this guy. He has a relatively simmilar facial structure minus the ears of course.

The song I selected for Stispirn comes from a long and complicated forum based role play where I was playing an elven character. In this role play he was involved in a major military action, was shot during combat, then ran from the battle after accidentally (or on purpose depending on how you look at it) slaughtering several allies. I decided to apply this story to Stispirn's history withing the Warsong skirmishes. When he was fighting alongside (not with) the Sentinels he was mortally wounded by a horde firearm. Through this almost deadly event he was "reborn" in his beliefs {I was born, six gun in my hand}. He lost faith in Elune's protection over his people and he would speak his non-belief towards the druids that would heal him daily. After his recovery he was advised (forced) not to travel, he would eventually murder several of his brethren so that he would make passage to the eastern kingdom (he hides the murder in his eyes very well). Because of these actions he was proclaimed by his people to be a deserter and was to not be associated with (rebel souls, deserters we are called). He is no longer accepted among most of the Kaldorei society but not many other than thoes who where there know why he is not accepted however he can never be redeemed for the actions for which he took.
((Stispirn is VERY reserved about his past and would only share what he did with one who would be willing to forgive. He doesn't want to share his deeds with non-elves.))

((This is the most lore I have ever written for any character BTW. I feel proud of myself))

Last edited by Stispirn on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Stispirn
Stispirn

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Empty Alyvia " The Rose " Elizabeth Scarlett.

Post  Alyvia Scarlett Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:51 am

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Aly1
----------------------
[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Aly
----------------------
I picked Milla Jovovich because she looks just how I would picture Alyvia. Alyvia changes her hair color around a lot however when she was station up in Northern her hair was dark brown with a hint of red tone, now she takes on the light color...Maybe to match the armor she found herself in or maybe to hide her past? Taking on that rather seriously look that sweet innocent look, now the song by Shakira is the perfect song I could pick for Alyvia. This show the fun side of Alyvia, she takes work serious but off hours she loves to dance and have fun.

----------------------
[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Aly2
----------------------

----------------------
Alyvia Scarlett
Alyvia Scarlett

Back to top Go down

Post  VelsettaWilson Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 am

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Hayley-williams

I pick Hayley Williams, because she was the person I thought of when making Velsetta, except Vel's is taller, and tougher, and erm... Muscles... But yeah, Hayley is whom I was thinking of when I made this character, 'cause she's bombastic!

Song:I picked this song by Sabaton because when Velsetta was in the outlands she fought against demons and usually had to fight them off from objectives and key strategy points.

VelsettaWilson
VelsettaWilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Dryll Drakoonus Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:44 am

AS FER DRYLL!!!!

Hugh Laurie
[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! House-hugh-laurie

It's Not Over - Daughtry
Dryll Drakoonus
Dryll Drakoonus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aliase Severn Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:30 am

And, for Aliase, it would have to be Kate Beckinsale. But only as Selene in the Underworld movies. ;D

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Tumblr_l8otz5uHio1qd6i47o1_400

Aliase Severn
Aliase Severn

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Empty Thor's look-a-like

Post  Thoranis Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:07 am

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Van-helsing-photo-xl-van-helsing-62

This is what i pictured Thor as when i set up his IC image. Same expression, same features, except Thor's got a bit more of a beard. And, not to mention, he wears the same type of hat. I found Hugh Jackman the perfect look-a-like, although i considered Vigo Mortenson at first. But i think Hugh'll do better.

As for my song, Diamond Eyes by Shinedown.

Thoranis

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Empty Re-made Thor's look-a-like ( Forgot to log in)

Post  Thoranis Wolfwhisper Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 am

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Van-he13

I must say, that Hugh Jackman would be Thor's look-a-like. Same features, and the same hat he wears! This is how i would picture him if he ever shaved his beard, and took to wearing dark hats. Razz I also find them alike in other ways such as Van Helsing's position in life. A loner, a fighter, a hunter. That's what Thoranis was like after his original order broke up.

And as for my song!

Last edited by Thoranis Wolfwhisper on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : all better!)
Thoranis Wolfwhisper
Thoranis Wolfwhisper

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Empty Chris Lite. Look alike.

Post  Chrislite Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:30 am

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Aragorn Reason I picked him is because he shares the shoulder length hair with the slight facial beared. He also shares Chris's brown eyes and rough looking face. They also share a double chin. The video fits Chris because there is a reason to remember his name. When you hear the song, picture Chris more BA then you have before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o5YJfPBqPNE

Chrislite

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Empty Rangi's entry

Post  Rangi Th Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:28 am

Tt's right guys, for my character-alike I chose..... MEL GIBSON!!! WE both have weird hair and nice, bushy beards. LEt's face it, we can both be real a-holes. Both Mel and Rangi are notorious drinkers, and neither can act very well xD. Also, I thought I could equate Rangi's hatred of trolls to Mel's anti-semitism. -sagenod-

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Images%3Fq%3DMel%2BGibson%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1362%26bih%3D496%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=171&oei=YKliTcH9AYH-8Aa1lMHuCw&page=2&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:18&tx=40&ty=28

And now for the music.....

I thought this song portrayed Rangi very nicely. Altogether loud an in your face, but it backs off and random times. Just like the song says, Rangi won't bow, and he definetly won't break. ((Also, this is a little tribute to our soldiers. We play-act their jobs all day long, but this is a little reminder of the men and women fighting for us, and risking their lives every day.))

Rangi Th

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Empty RL Lookalike: Leonardus Wildborne

Post  Leonardu Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:58 am

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Nathan-Fillion
Nathan Fillion! *applause*

The Firefly Theme Song *applause once again*

I chose Nathan Fillion, first of all, because he's goddamn awesome. But my real reasons are because I believe Nathan has that rugged look, that Leo would have after years of being a merc/Ranger. While Nathan does not have an eyepatch, if he did I believe they would be almost identical. I chose the Firefly theme song because a) its like, my favorite show ever and has Nathan Fillion in it, and b) it's very "cowboyish" and "outdoorsy", very much like Leo's lifestyle. Very Happy

Leonardu

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] RL Look Allike Contest! Empty Rangi's entry (redone)

Post  Tails Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:22 am

Had to make a new account. Anyway... MEL GIBSON! ((Apparently the site won't accept my picture, so here's the URL, copy and paste away.))

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://thejetpacker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/melgibson.jpg&imgrefurl=http://thejetpacker.com/the-top-10-celebrities-we-never-want-to-see-go-through-an-airport-x-ray-scanner/&usg=__6MlRmRrU-DIv9XhfIgF8AYBspH4=&h=459&w=300&sz=25&hl=en&start=18&zoom=1&tbnid=l58MfiCGPbOH1M:&tbnh=156&tbnw=98&ei=Z6piTbmHHMGqlAf96e3xCw&prev=/images%3Fq%3DMel%2BGibson%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1362%26bih%3D496%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=171&oei=YKliTcH9AYH-8Aa1lMHuCw&page=2&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:18&tx=40&ty=28

That's right guys, for my character-alike I chose..... MEL GIBSON!!! WE both have weird hair and nice, bushy beards. LEt's face it, we can both be real a-holes. Both Mel and Rangi are notorious drinkers, and neither can act very well xD(except in The Patriot) . Also, I thought I could equate Rangi's hatred of trolls to Mel's anti-semitism. -sagenod-

And now for the music.....

I thought this song portrayed Rangi very nicely. Altogether loud an in your face, but it backs off and random times. Just like the song says, Rangi won't bow, and he definetly won't break. ((Also, this is a little tribute to our soldiers. We play-act their jobs all day long, but this is a little reminder of the men and women fighting for us, and risking their lives every day.)).

Tails

Back to top Go down

Post  Dryll Drakoonus Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Stispirn wrote:

Stispirn is our Winner! Thanks to everyone who submitted, and better luck next time. They were all EXTREAMLY good. Smile "Runners Up: Alyvia Scarlett, Oriem Stoneheart"

1st place: 25 SR Points
2nd Place: 10 SR Points
3rd Place: 5 SR Points
Dryll Drakoonus
Dryll Drakoonus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down